Our goal is to assist organizations in unleashing human potential through our formidable consulting and outsourcing services. Our practice has been reinforced with proprietary tools in HR & Technology which have been developed over the years through research and field work.
HUMAN CAPITAL AND BUSINESS ALIGNMENT
Human Capital lies at the heart of the business as a strategic delivery. The primary goal of our consulting and outsourcing practice is to ensure Human capital and business alignment. Superior business results, are always the result of alignment. Our consulting focus is based on four stages.
• Diagnosis of the issues
• Design of the intervention and development
• Evaluation of the results
Consulting is both an art and science. While domain expertise processes and tools are very important, the ability to understand customer needs and work with people is equally important. Our consultants are experienced both in their domain expertise and consulting ability. They are accredited professionals with no less than ten years of experience. Our consultants are highly matured, seasoned, professional and have a proven track record in delivering deliverables on time and within budget.
Our core capabilities include the diagnosis, design and development, implementation and evaluation of human resource systems covering the whole spectrum of strategic Human Capital Management.
THE PAGE FRAMEWORK & TalentOZ
We believe in processes and tools. Our distinctive approach is based on our PAGE framework. TalentOZ, a strategic software tool reinforces our consulting and outsourcing practice.
A BROAD CUSTOMER BASE
When you choose a SMR consultant, you can be sure of the consultant experience with domain and industry expertise. Over the years, we have helped with customers in a variety of countries, industries and cultures implement HR projects with success. As at end 2020, we have worked with 1950 customers in 30+ countries.
The purpose of a Human Capital Audit is to assess the current HR practices in the organization in comparison to prevailing best practices. The audit will consider the organizational strategy and the people alignment. The audit results will present a blueprint for the future. A human capital audit reviews an organization's HR policies, procedures, and practices. The goal is to make the HR function comprehensive, strategic and a value adding function. The audit will propose areas for improvement and practical solutions for implementation.
A HR Audit report that includes:
• Strengths & Weaknesses in the HR practices
• Current practices Vs Best practices
• Evaluate the level of compliance with mandatory practices
• Blueprint for future improvements and practical solutions for improvement
• Recommendations for new HR Processes, System and Policy improvements
• Standardise HRMS (Human Resources Management System) to follow metrics to evaluate a value
adding HR Function.
Agree on terms of reference
• Investigate/Diagnose current practices through document study, interview senior staff and observation
• Benchmark with best practices database
• Presentation to management on the recommendations of an action Plan
Human Capital Audit Cycle
The purpose of a Learning Needs Analysis is to review the employees’ learning and development needs
in the organization. The Learning Needs Analysis will pinpoint at the organizational level the priority learning needs that need to be addressed to achieve business goals. It ensures the effective utilization and management of the learning budget as learning is needs based and directly aligned to business needs. The return on investment of the training budget is maximized as only priority areas are emphasized.
A Training Plan Report that includes:
• Learning needs at the organizational level
• Departmental level and individual level (only if it is competency based or survey based)
• Proposed training solutions to address the learning needs
• Recommended Annual Training Plan or Training Calendar
• Set up TNA working structure with client
• Explain deliverables and timeline
• Collect data using appropriate method(s)
• Analyze and interpret data
• Make training recommendations
• Present report to management
• Advise on implementation strategy
The purpose of a competency profiling is to identify the position’s knowledge, skills, behaviors required
for successful job performance. SMR provides a systematic, valid, and user-friendly process model to build the organizational and job competency framework/models. While we have an exhaustive database of competencies from which we can draw upon, we also have the expertise to develop competency models and frameworks. We are able to work with focus groups to identify core, role, behavioral and functional competencies.
• Competency Frameworks
• Competency Models
• Competency Dictionary
• Position Competency Profiles
• Identify business case and value of competency to the organization
• Define competency profile using appropriate data collection methods
• Review and validate competency profile
• Link competency to HR functions
• Support competency implementation
• Implement SMR’s PAGE Framework™
The SMR PAGE FRAMEWORK™
Job Analysis is done to develop a job description, while Job Evaluation is a systematic way of determining the value/worth of a job in relation to other jobs in an organization. Job Evaluation is the process of determining the importance of a job in relation to the other jobs of the organization.
Job analysis is - the process of identifying and determining in detail contents of a particular job, thereby, clearly defining duties, responsibilities, accountabilities, and skills associated with the job. An important aspect of job analysis is that the analysis is focused on the job, and not on the person.
Job description - It is a written statement containing complete information about what all a job involves including job title, duties, tasks and responsibilities related to job, working conditions and hazards, reporting relationships, tools, machines and equipment to be used, and relationships with other positions.
Job Evaluation – is a systematic process to comparing and establishing relative job worth/size importance of jobs. It is about comparing the relative size/value of jobs.
• Job or role Clarifications or position clarification
• Input for JD, JE, and C&B
• Job Description Document
• Specific job requirements for each job
• The range of competencies for each job
• Job Evaluation for benchmarked positions
• Slotting of all other positions
• All positions within the organization structure will have position value
• The establishment of Jobs with a clear scope, structured and are linked to job grades
• Document Study
• Review of Organizational Structure, Job Titles, Job Levels, Job Grades
• Interviews Key people
• Review and validate with SME’s
• Focus group discussion
• Review and enhance JD
• List of competencies
• Validate with SME’s
• Document Review and Interviews
• Conduct Job Evaluation for 30 benchmarked positions using selected JE system
• Obtain a relative weight for each benchmark position within the organization
• Slotting exercise Job levels, Job Grades
The purpose of instructional design is to ensure the content covered in the training programme addresses
the intended objectives with engaging learner friendly materials. A successful training effort is a result of the preparatory work that takes place before the workshop. It is important to define the end goal of learning, develop the curriculum and the learning materials for effective learning outcomes.
• Recommended design specification
• Participant guides
• Instructor guides with PowerPoint, case studies, role-plays and small group exercises
• Pre Development Stage
- Study the needs
- Develop preliminary design brief
- Review and finalize design brief
• Development Stage
- Develop content, exercises, assessment
- Develop learning aids
- Develop instructor guide and participant guide
- Review and finalize instructor guide and facilitator guide
- Conduct training of trainers
• Post Development Stage
- Final documentation
The purpose of designing and implementing a performance management system is to ensure performance
happens by design and not by chance. It is a systematic process where the organization involves its employees in improving organizational effectiveness by focusing them on achieving the organization’s mission and strategic goals. The performance management system is a tool to implement strategy. It is a useful tool to communicate organizational goals and objectives, reinforce individual accountability for meeting those goals, track individual and organizational performance results. It involves the three stages of planning, coaching and reviews.
Performance Management System that includes:
• Performance Plans – KPI & Competency Library
• A Coaching system
• A Performance review form
• Linkage to relevant HR systems
We follow a step by step approach
• Study the business needs
• Study the organizational vision, mission and values
• Clarify organizational objectives and strategic plan
• Develop Organizational/Departmental KPI
• Develop Competency dictionary
• Develop Appraisal system
• Facilitate training for PMS implementation
The purpose of evaluating training is to assess the worth of our training investments.
Are the participants happy? Are they learning in a cost effective manner? Are the knowledge and skills
transferred to the job? Are the desired results achieved? There are six reasons why we need to evaluate:
• Should the programme be continued?
• How can we improve the programme?
• How can we ensure regulatory compliance?
• How can we maximize training effectiveness?
• How can we align training to strategy?
• How can we demonstrate the value of training?
Together with the SMR USA team, Prof. Don Kirkpatrick, the originator of the Four Level Evaluation
framework and Dr. Jim Kirkpatrick, author of the book “Transforming Learning to Behavior”, we provide
you with a comprehensive evaluation programme.
An Evaluation Study report that includes:
• Current evaluation training practices Vs best practices
• Recommended tools to evaluate training at all four levels
• Recommendations for improved business partnership between training and line management to increase
the value of training.
• Identify evaluation needs and stakeholder requirements
• Develop evaluation framework
• Develop evaluation design and data collection strategy
• Collect data and analyze data
• Report recommendations
The purpose of a Talent Management programme is to ensure you develop the competencies of your
talented employees with a view to retain your top talent. A Talent Management initiative when properly implemented ensures the development of internal talent and retention of such talent. Such a programme provides a structured competency development process for ensuring your internal talent is identified and developed. SMR’s Talent Management programme begins with needs assessment, the development of competencies essential for a systematic long term development intervention and employee engagement.
While talent is important to organizational success so is succession planning. The purpose is to ensure the
availability of a pipeline of successors for critical positions. Succession planning ensures continuity of
organizational success. Smooth succession planning does not happen by chance, it is a result of considerable planning and effort.
• Identifying high potentials
• Developing a Competency framework
• Designing and Implementing a development intervention
• Systematic long term employee engagement
• Coaching on a one-to-one basis
• Reports on potential Successors and Succession pipeline
• Development programme and strategy
• Structuring the Programme
• Identifying competencies required for development
• Establish current leadership profile
• Design development programme
• Reports Success Metrics
• Identify the needs
• Identify potentials
• Conduct assessment
• Develop pipeline of successors
• Plan deployment
Coaching is an ongoing interactive process that helps individuals and organizations produce extraordinary
results in their career, business or organization. We work with renowned international partners. We work with clients in all areas including business, career, and finance and work life balance. As a result of professional coaching, clients set better goals, take more actions, make better decisions and fully use their natural strengths.
• Individual assessment to support coaching process
• Coaching sessions (face to face, teleconference, telephone)
• Coaching agreement and specific action plan
• Report on progress and achievement
• Coaching typically begins with a personal interview to assess the individual’s current opportunities and
• Define the scope of the relationship, identify priorities for action and establish specific desired outcomes
• Individuals may be asked to complete specific actions that support the achievements of goals
• Provide additional resources in the form of relevant articles, checklist, assessments
• The duration of the coaching relationship varies depending on the individual’s personal needs and preferences
The purposes of assessments are to provide feedback to the individual/organization about the strengths
and areas of improvements of each employee. Assessments are all about self awareness. People learn more about themselves, their blind spots, their developmental gaps, their strengths and their learning styles.
Assessments such as 360 degrees feedback, allows people to learn how they are perceived by others and
since perception is reality, it is an important piece of feedback for personal development and organizational person: position match. We offer the following assessment services both online and offline.
• Competency Assessments
• Performance Assessments
• Talent Assessments
• Psychometrics such as:-
- Behavioral Style Assessment (DISC)
- 360º Feedback Assessment
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Leadership Assessment
- Emotional Quotient Assessment
- Kolb’s Learning Styles
Assessment report that details the individual profile and recommendations for improvement
• Study the purpose of assessment
• Facilitate easy administration
• Provide feedback to individuals & organization
SMR’s competency dictionary can help you get a head start in uncovering the critical competencies required
for your organization. You can customize the published competency dictionary to build an effective
competency model that is relevant to your business needs. The competency dictionary is the product of
extensive research, literature review and consulting experiences. The competency dictionary includes
detailed definitions of each competency, along with specific descriptions and indicators.
• Research based behavioral and functional competency library
• Consulting advise to customize competency dictionary
• Study the organization needs
• Recommend suitable competency dictionary from our database
• Customize competency dictionary according to the organizational needs
A process to define visible career movement opportunities and chart career paths for all staff within the organization. Encompasses the strategy, tools, processes that enable talent development, agility and mobility.
• Career Management Framework (including process, tools & templates)
• Career Path Architecture/Framework
• Integration with Competency Framework & Learning & Development Programs
• Communication strategy
Career Management Strategy
• Define Organization’s strategy on career management
• Link to strategic business & people alignment
Career Path Framework
• Design and develop Career Path Architecture
• Build career path - Lateral & Vertical movements
• Identify Career Tracks
• Develop position Career Profile for job family
• Determine criteria for movement
Integrate Competency Framework
• Clarifies expected competencies and associated behaviors at different career levels
• Link framework to existing Learning & Development programs
• Build measures to monitor effectiveness
• Support HR in communication to introduce new Career Management framework
An assessment center development center is a detailed evaluation of an individual’s skills, organizational fit and developmental needs by assessing them on various competencies, using multiple tools, required to be successful on the job. An assessment center is used by organizations to evaluate their prospective or current workforce for various reasons, such as recruitment, training needs identification, high-potential identification and succession planning
Whether you're looking to bring new talent to the business or develop existing people, making the wrong decision can have a huge impact on business performance. Traditional interviews alone have been proven to be a poor indicator of future potential of success. By investing in the use of assessment canter techniques the risks in making these decisions can be hugely reduced. Designing and Delivering Assessment Centers will provide you with the skills to significantly increase the predictability of your assessment decisions.
• Individual Report and overall summary report which includes;
-Identification of High potential employees
-Learning and development needs identification
• Feedback to the candidate or management
• Job analysis and competency framework
• Determine multiple assessment tools
• Map assessment tools with competencies
• Assign capable Assessors (internal and external)
• Communicate assessment plan
• Conduct assessment using various methods
• Data Integration
• Reporting and feedback
Coaching and Mentoring Program is aligned with organizational strategy with human capital development strategy. Help employees to plan, develop, grow, and manage their careers. Also helps employees become resilient in times of change, more self-reliant in their careers, and more responsible as self-directed learners.
Encourage the development of leadership competencies. These competencies are often more easily gained through application and guided practice rather than by education and training.
• Coaching and mentoring implementation Framework
• Tools, template and guidelines for the interventions
• Develop Internal coach and mentors
• Design coaching and Mentoring programme framework
• Conduct awareness session for HR personnel
• Facilitate coaching and mentoring training for internal staff for skill development
• Support internal coaches and mentors during their initial stage
Organizations use succession planning as a process to ensure that employees are recruited and developed to fill each key role within the company. Is a process for identifying and developing leaders who can transition or replace leaders when they leave, retire or move . Succession planning increases the availability of experienced and capable employees that are prepared to assume these roles as they become available.
Pro-active development and replacement planning for key positions in organization ensures business continuity at all times and grow the breadth and depth of leaders to meet future challenges.
• Identifying high potential employees and create an attractive value proposition for them
• Create home-grown specialized talent pool for management and technical key positions
• Create a talent pool to meet future leadership needs
• Smooth leadership flow within the organization. Succession into targeted position
The purpose of outsourcing competency implementation is to seek expert leadership to guide the organization in defining the competency management strategy that is right for the organization. Performance-centered competency models can be developed by developing criterion samples of superior
and poor performers. Competency Management involves three key components – Functional work, Technology and Communications. Our team has the experience to support you in all of these three areas. If required, we can create and manage the integration of competency management with learning management systems.
A Competency Management System that includes
• Competency models and dictionary
• User friendly assessment frameworks
• Linking competency to other HR related functions
• Managing employee competency database using web based software
• Reporting to management regularly on Competency Metrics
• Design Competency profiling based on the needs
• Train line people on competency implementation
• Manage assessment - automation
• Reporting to management
The purpose of outsourcing the Learning and Development (L & D) function is to meet the goal of improved
training efficiencies. L & D costs are managed yet the core learning services are improved with expert external resources. Internal resources are freed up to focus on the core tasks of an organization. If you are a growing company that is aspiring to hire, retain, develop people while keeping your costs down, avoiding administrative hassles and ensuring regulatory compliance, outsourcing the learning and development function is a wise choice.
• Training Needs Analysis to draw an Annual Training Plan
• Training Management software to publish training programme, registration and track training
• Value added services such as e-learning, tele-seminars and e newsletters.
• Access to wide pool of expertise and quick mobilization of resources on as and when needed basis
• Dedicated staff to manage client training activities (onsite and offsite)
Onsite coordinator to carry out the following activities
Pre Training activities
• Conduct TNA and prepare Annual Training Plan
• Sourcing of Trainers and Coordinating training logistic
• Liaising with organizations for training grants
• Promoting programmes and administering nominations
• Coordination of training logistics and audio visual requirements
• Monitoring participant attendance
• Prepare evaluation summary report
• Update participant attendance record
• Prepare monthly management report
The purpose of outsourcing the design and implementation of a performance management system is to
ensure the smooth implementation of PMS. It is a systematic process where the organization involves its employees in improving organizational effectiveness by focusing them on achieving the organization’s mission and strategic goals. The performance management system is a tool to implement strategy. It is a useful tool to communicate organizational goals and objectives, reinforce individual accountability for meeting those goals, track individual and organizational performance results. It involves the three stages of planning, coaching and reviews.
Performance Management System that includes:
• Performance Plans – KPI & Competency Library
• A Coaching system
• A Performance review form
• Linkage to relevant HR systems
• Implementation of the PMS
Onsite coordinator to carry out the following activities:
• Facilitate the implementation of performance management
• Administer performance appraisal
• Automate the PMS process
• Generate reports
• Present to management the performance metrics