This module is for those who make numerous presentations and which requires them to sell their ideas and learn influencing skills. Hard work, good ideas, and information are important for success, but often we are also required to convince others to support or execute our ideas. Business presentations are different from public speaking, though there are many similarities between the two. In a business presentation, you have to influence your audience to ‘buy’ your ideas and take some action. Experience shows that knowledge of the topic alone does not ensure that the audiences get our intent or are moved to action. Clear thinking and clear presentations are equally important in a good presentation. This practical module is designed to help learners improve their ability to make presentations that are creative, dynamic, and high impact, which will eventually influence the audience to accept and implement the ideas introduced.
High Impact Presentation Skills
On completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Formulate strategies for specific audiences.
- Develop a flexible, flowing presentation structure.
- Combine content with complementing presentation style: involving
- Supplement the presentation with informed responses to
questions and challenges.
Presentations that Influence
- Just A Minute; presentations
- Qualities of great presenters
- Public speaking vs. Business Presentations
- Influencing Skills
- Making your case
- Presentation formats
- Tailoring strategy to meet audience needs (stakeholders/customers)
- Planning and preparation
- Organising information
- Building context
- Presenting content creatively
- Involving the audience/Gaining and maintaining attention
- Interacting with audience using stories, anecdotes, analogies, and
- Recognising buy in to create high impact
- Appropriate body language
- Voice modulation
- Videos and props
This module is designed for all those who are required to present their ideas and information in a business context.
- Communicating orally
- Giving briefings
- Presenting sales proposals
Practical sessions with fun tools, lectures, activities, and videos that enhance confidence. Presentations will be video-taped; the facilitator and the group will provide feedback for further improvement. Each participant would take home a video of their presentation.
- End of workshop feedback forms
- Assignments during the workshop
2 Day Programme