June 22, 2021
With organisations becoming more employee-driven and empowered employees seeking greater responsibilities, the practice of coaching and mentoring is an essential function of every manager and leader in the organisation.
This workshop aims to focus on the basic premise that every manager/supervisor/team leader should function as a coach/mentor.
Coaching and mentoring works at every level and in all organisational relationships. The goal of coaching and mentoring is to improve the performance of individuals, teams and ultimately the organisation. Coaches and mentors can pose challenges to their coachees and mentees to raise their performance standards and become the best they can be.
“Coaching and mentoring is an activity designed to improve performance. Coaching and mentoring in the workplace must involve turning work situations into learning opportunities as this is increasingly seen as an important part of what it is to manage”. Sir John Whitmore
This programme is designed for all in management and leadership roles who are responsible for staff development.
Remote online learning
This workshop will be conducted in a practical and participative way. Learning strategies include small group discussions and skills practice sessions
On completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
• Adopt a coach-leadership style to lead people effectively
• Know the difference between Coaching & Mentoring skills & how to apply them effectively in any situation
• Coach direct reports for performance, skills & development
• Use the GROW Model & Scaling Technique for effective coaching conversations and build commitment in achieving the goals
• What is Coaching and Mentoring?
• What makes a great Coach and Mentor?
• Difference between Coaching, Mentoring & Counselling
• Coaching and Mentoring Phases
• Coaching and mentoring Skills – Relationship Building, Trust, Asking Powerful Questions, Active Listening & Validation
• Coaching Models
• The GROW Model
• Giving and receiving Feedback
• Skills Practice – Putting It All Together